Friday, August 28, 2009

Praises of Low Carb

Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake

For some years (since 2003) I have eaten low carb, non-processed, sugar-free, food. I stayed away from the "white" stuff and lost weight. Well... about 3 months ago I decided I could save money buy eating cheaper foods. BIG mistake! Some people just can't eat carby things and feel good or keep the weight off! I am back to eating low carb and losing more than a little weight I gained. I enjoy the recipes I have collected over the years. I LOVE eating this way and wonder why I was persuaded to go off after so many years. My cholesterol and other blood tests always improve when I eat LC. I have more energy, get more done and love the food..?!? I like the decreased appetite and having control over my food instead of the other way around. I joined an ABC (Autumn Boot Camp) this month which involves eating right and exercising regularly. Why did I quit THAT (exercising) also? Well, I know the answer to that. I had torn medial meniscus in both knees (running for years!) and needed two surgeries to repair them. I am back-on-track and feeling great! Now, if Julie will just NOT bring me any more of those delicious things she bakes! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Go Mom! Your cheesecake looks AMAZING! :)

Donna said...

I'm so glad you're back on the wagon with me!

Your cheesecake does look amazing Viv! I'm waiting until October and our Canadian Thanksgiving to make one too!