Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting


Craving something sweet the other day, I made Elana's Strawberry cupcakes. I had ordered her Cupcake cookbook to use with my dear granddaughter, Olivia, during her summer visit, but we ran out of time!! I modified the cupcake recipe since I do not use sugar (or Agave nectar). I used a mixture of Stevia and Erythritol (both from natural sources and very low glycemic properties). This recipe uses coconut flour which is a great alternative to processed white all purpose flour (which is a big NO in our home!) We loved the cupcakes topped with a SF cream cheese frosting and I am sure I will be making them again. This recipe made 8 regular sized cupcakes. My only regret is that Olivia did not get to take part.... next time! :)

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Wow, this looks yummy! I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing your cheesecake recipe with me!